Located at 30 Tottenham Court Road, London, the Carlton Picture Theatre opened in October 1913. It had 800 seats, all on one level.
In 1948 it was re-named Barkeley Cinema, later Gala Barkeley Cinema. Closed on 31st August 1976, it was demolished in 1977 for re-development.
In its place was built the 3-screen Classic Cinema, later known as the ABC and today operating as the Odeon Tottenham Court Road.