Located on Fairlop Road, Barkingside, Essex, the State Cinema was designed in a splendid Art Deco style by architect George Coles. It opened in 1938 and had a seating capacity of 2,194. It became the ABC Barkingside, then was twinned with bingo in the stalls area and a 626 seat cinema in the former balcony. This later became the ACE cinema before closing in 1984. Bingo remains open in the former stalls, but the upper parts of the building have been closed up.
This photo also appears in
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts