Did You Know That About izmir ?
• Parchment paper was first invented in Bergama-izmir.
• The Phokaians(Foça) bilt 50- oared boats carrying 500 passengers.
• Phokaians(Foça) established colonies in the western Mediterranean such as “Velia” in Italy, “Ampurias” in Spain and “Marseilles” in France.
• The earliest temple dedicated to the goddess Athena was constructed in Izmir.
• Izmir was mentioned by famous historian Heredos as” the city under the most sublime blue sky and on the remarkable climate”.