- Design dissent, anarchy, and rebel graphic design books
- HCI, GUI, IxD basics
- Art Director's Annuals
- Advertising, best of newspaper design, graphic lounge books
- Design References/History
- Design and HCI process books (YAWN!)
- Information Design, Mapping, InfoViz and Graphics
- graphic arts, drawing, design in nature
- Product Design, Physical Space Design
- Design + Business, Innovation
- Sustainable design
- Little tidbits
- Type, Book design
- Health + Design
- Extras... this is the stack one can draw from to give books to guest speakers, fellow designers and engineers, interns, and colleagues who want to learn more about Design
- Symbols, Signs, oh my!
+ how to fold books
- Some of my favorite Design books: Cathedral and the Bazaar, Designing for People, Design of Everyday Things, Laws of Simplicity, Mythical Man Month, Whatever you think Think the Opposite....
- Media + Aesthetics Theory
- Citizen Kane postage stamp
- Make your own tshirt print kit (I've only made 3 different shirts so far).
- Strunk+White, Business Miscellany, Schott's 2006 Almanac, and a few small goodies
- "Smarter decisions based on beautiful evidence" poster
- software stuff
- Manuals, hardware how-tos
- Index series w/ultra cool but useless carrying case. I should really use the case for something else.
- Hand-written notes over the past month... kept handy before trashing (most) or scrapbooked/archived (1-2 pieces of paper tops).
- Mostly crap (like cheeze-filled management books). 3 good books in there: Visual dictionary, Unix admin, and the HCI tome from mid-1990s (now a bit dated but ideas are ok).
- IDEO cards... haven't really used them. I have opened them up a few times but I haven't integrated them into design crits. Just haven't.
← previous photo
→ next photo
L view in light box
< scroll film strip left
> scroll film strip right
? show all shortcuts