HMCS Oriole (KC 480) Sail Training Vessel of the Canadian Navy, designed by Geo. Owens, construction of the vessel, originally "Oriole IV," began in 1920 at the Dominion Shipbuilding & Repair Co., Ltd., at Toronto as hull no. 9 for George H. Goodereham of that city, then Commodore of the Royal Canadian Yacht Club. When Dominion went bankrupt that year, construction was completed by George Lawley & Sons, Neponset, Massachusetts, launched 1921, flagship Royal Canadian Yacht Club until WW II, oldest ship in Canadian Navy.
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts