There's a meme wandering through the bike blogs for showing what's in the bag you schlep on your bike. So here's the contents of my freeloaders. There used to be a set of pruning shears that I found in the road and use to clear the trail, but they must have bounced out somewhere. See notes for details.
- gloves for trail work. I actually bought them even though I could probably collect a couple of pairs a month of this style from the side of the road.
- Maple stick to serve as foot pegs if I ever talk anyone into riding on the xtracycle.
- Annoyingly underpowered pump
- bungies. Nice sturdy clips that just happen to be just the right size to fit around the vracks.
- Combo cable lock.
- straps that came with the xtracycle wideloaders
- Longer straps for sheet goods and other big stuff
- A couple of plugs that don't actually fit anywhere on the bike. Threw them in the junk box after taking this picture.
- allen wrenches. now redundant with multi-tool. Live in the zippered pocket in the freeloader
- Keep the straps in a zip-loc that was too shy to be in the picture. Oh, there's also some toe straps in there which are handy for lashing stuff down.
- Chunk of velcro one-wrap. Great stuff!
- Couple huge contractor-grade trash bags. Forgot they were in there.
- Goretex rain pants
- Couple of grocery bags
- This stuff all goes in the velcro pocket in the freeloader you can see above.
- This junk rides in the sling part of the near freeloader above. (Lock too)
- This stuff rides in the far-side freeloader which doesn't have the fancy velcro pocket.
- Dirty rag.
- patch kit
- quick stik tire tool. Almost worn out.
- Cheap nashbar multitool
- Goes in a little seat bag
- little zippered pocket here
- velcro flap pocket hiding back here.
- Big cargo sling.
The one on the other side just has the sling without the velcro or zippered pockets.
- Little bag from an old bike light holds the battery for my down low glow.
- snap deck needs refinishing
Bike bag contents
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts