Vancouver my chosen home. I remember in 1988 when I had interview in
Canadian Embassy in Athens regarding emigration, I was asked by Consul
- Where do you want to go ?
- Vancouver , Please
- Why Vancouver ? It's expensive !
- I will work and I will make sure that I will manage, plus it's the warmest in Canada
- Why don't you want to go to Winnipeg , they have Polish stores , churches , community centers , they have huge Polish population – WHY don't you want to go there ?
- I'm sorry, Sir but I'm applying for emigration , if I liked so much all that Polish environment I would just stay there. Could I , Please ! Go to Vancouver , Sir … Please
- ( I made him smile ) I see your point , you will have to wait bit longer but you can go to Vancouver if you want it so much.
All that I was told .. nice city , warn with not much of a winter. I never looked back
BTW .. this image was taken on really hazy day , normally we would be
able to see much farther. That forest in the distance surrounding
downtown core – that is Stanley Park.
… and yes it is 7 exposure HDR from Cypress Bowl ( North–West from the city )
I'm sorry in advance for not being around – off to shoot at 5am . Another 3-4 hour sleep , sometimes I feel that I will go back to work for the rest …
Explore Jul 26, 2009 #23