In 1495 Broughty Castle was built and remained in use as a major defensive structure until 1932, playing a role in the Anglo-Scottish Wars and the Wars of the Three Kingdoms. The castle stands on a shallow tip projecting into the Tay Firth, alongside two beaches, one of sand, the other of pebbles.
This photo also appears in
Grab the HTML/BBCode
Copy and paste the code below:
Photo license: Some rights reserved