A colleague of mine was on a biz trip and took this shot, he asked that I process it and post it on Flicker to see how well it went over.......... so show some LOVE for my friend Arvin!
Start:: a 1600x1200 jpeg
1) Used Topaz Deniose to remove the jpeg artifacts
2) Adjusted a copy to +2 EV
3) Adjusted a copy to -1 EV
(the image was a bit dark to begin with)
4) Saved all as 16 bit tiff
5) Made an HDR with Photomatix
6) Did some exposure work in The Gimp.
7) Did a Smart Sharpen with The Gimp.
8) Overlaid this on the original to recover the EXIF info.
Smiled and screamed numerous times! :-)))