Built by James Thompson and Isaac Collier 1850 - Thompson erected
larger four-story brick mill. All flour used by Union Army during
Civil War ground here.
After a fire in 1872, John A. Thompson, a son, built six-story brick mill. Flour shipped to all parts of U.S. Present dam built by Thompson of Indiana limestone, first stone dam in Midwest.
In WWI, Will Irwin of Columbus bought mill, generated electricity for Union Starch and Refining Co. Mill given to town and for a time electricity generated for town use. Mill was razed in 1957.
Erected by Edinburg Bicentennial Committee 1976