This started Friday afternoon as the cover to a large, used up watercolor pad. First, I dropped blobs of paint on it, then scraped the blobs around with a piece of vinyl siding (my dad gave me a sample book and they are prefect scrapers/smoothers). Once it was dry I shot some spray paint in a few places and let them drip. Then I scribbled watercolor crayons all over and made a mess, so I took it to the tub and gave it a bath. Some of the paint ended up getting scrubbed off. At that point I thought I might as well do some alcohol dripping so I got some watered down paint and some alcohol and made another mess in the tub. A good mess though. When I was done, I let it sit overnight to dry (and cleaned the tub of all the turquoise splatters).
TODAY I stenciled on the circles and drew all the criss-cross lines (inspired by one of the background papers Mandy recently sent me). I colored in some of the sections with crayons, watered down paint and permanent markers. I just finished spreading on a layer of satin varnish to bring out the colors. It's going to get spritzed with water and squished under some books to help it flatten, then I'm cutting it up for postcards.
Now you know what I do on my Saturday (and Friday) nights.