Eaglais na h-Aoidhe
Eaglais na h-Aoidhe is a 14th century church now in ruins located near Aiginis on the Isle of Lewis. Dedicated to Saint Columba, it is thought that the building seen above replaced an earlier structure which may have dated back to the 7th century.
It's certainly one of the most interesting historic sites on the island, with plenty of 'vibe'. Inside the building is an effigy of a knight in armour, thought to be Roderick, 7th Chief of Clan Macleod (d. c.1498). As many as nineteen Macleod Chiefs may be buried in the cemetery.
Single shot HDR in Photomatix and Lightroom.