- cute lil bokeh... - imagine*life
One of my favorite dinners! We usually make this with beef, but chicken is what we had, so we just went with it. Jonathan made dumplings to go with. yummm.
* 1 lb chicken or steak, sliced into narrow strips
* 2-3 cups of chopped vegetables (we use carrots, red bell pepper, and broccoli)
* 3/4 cup cornstarch
* 1/2 cup water
* 2 eggs
* canola oil
* 2-4 gloves garlic, minced
* 6 tablespoons soy sauce
* 8 tablespoons rice vinegar
* 2 tablespoons sesame oil
* 1 tablespoon ground ginger
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
* 3 green onions, chopped
-Cut chicken or steak into narrow strips.
-Cut vegetables into strips/chunks.
-Place 3/4 cup cornstarch in a large bowl, mix in 1/2 cup water (it will be kind of hard to stir), Stir until combined. Whisk in two eggs.
-Heat about an inch of oil in a wok
-Add meat to the cornstarch mixture. Add to the wok and fry in small batches.
-In separate bowl, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, sugar, red pepper flakes, green onions and ginger.
-When the chicken is done cooking, drain all but a teaspoon of oil. Saute garlic cloves.
-Add meat, vegetables, and sauce mixture to the wok. Stir & then simmer for a few minutes until everything is heated through and coated with sauce.
Serve with rice.