Equirectangular panorama built from 60 pictures (EXIF data from the
See also its stereographic projection.
For this panorama I tried to keep track of where I spent my time:
- shooting: 7min
- autopano-sift: 7h15 (running overnight)
- hugin (setting up & optimizing): 16min
- hugin (generating sixty 108MB TIFF files): 11min (6.4GB total)
- editing shell script for next step: 5min
- blending (enblend) and color correcting (PTblender) 1, 2 or 3 rows at once in several configurations: 11h49 (running overnight)
(the result is 23 partial panoramas, taking 2.5GB)
- gimping (assembling the partial panoramas, stitching nadir, adjusting colors, stereographic projection, etc.): 1h15
Total time: 20h58 (1h43 for me, 19h15 for the computer).
For those interested, the source pictures of this panorama and its associated PTO file are available here. Beware, this is a 144MB archive.