Carmel was also home to Charles Greene, of the now-legendary Arts and Crafts architectural firm Greene and Greene.
Built in 1923, this studio is of used brick which Charles had acquired after a hotel in nearby Pacific Grove had been demolished.
As the photos below show this was clearly a beloved creation with no
detail too small
These exterior facade bricks were set in a modified Flemish cross bond with flare headers. The arched, intricately carved, teak front door is held by a frame of brickwork set in a garden-wall bond design.
The windows are arched bottle-glass..
For more on the Charles S. Greene House and Studio see talesfromcarmel.wordpress.com/