This photo also appears in
- this restaurant and bar opened in 1911
- and ran for three generations
- the owners lived upstairs
- and one day in 1983 decided they'd had enough of the business
- so they closed at the end of the day
- but left everything as though they were going to open tomorrow
- glasses, flatware, kitchen utensils...
- all still there, covered in dust and untouched, twenty-five years later
- they'd have you think this stuff is conditioned in barrels
- imagine a beeftruck in a smelly wifebeater shuffling from one stainless steel vat to another and throwing in handfuls of beech chips
- i'm thinkin' that's a more accurate depiction of the process...