Field Columbian Museum (1894-1920)
In 1894, the Field Columbian Museum opened to the public. Located in the Palace of Fine Arts building on the grounds of the World’s Columbian Exposition, the Museum was a “fantastic array [that had been] amassed” from the anthropology, botany, geology and zoology collections from the Fair. The Museum “was created for the accumulation and dissemination of knowledge, and the preservation and exhibition of objects illustrating Art, Archaeology, Science and History" (FCM Articles of Incorporation).
114 photos | 6,521 views
items are from between 20 Oct 2006 & 22 Jun 2007.
Feed – Subscribe to the set "Field Columbian Museum (1894-1920)"