Statues at St Clement Danes at the Strand traffic island,outside the City of London.
This is a statue of Sir Arthur Harris, Marshall of the Royal Air Force from 1942 to 1945.
Despite protests of his involvement in firebombing Dresden and other German citys, the Bomber Harris Trust erected the statue here in 1992.
It was unveiled by Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother. For some time after its unveiling it got sprayed with graffiti, and policemen had to guard it day and night.
Bronze plaque in memory of Arthur Harris.