A wonderful, breezy day at the Lido Beach Casino in the early 50s. Designed by famed Sarasota School of Architecture icon Ralph Twitchell in 1938-39 as a WPA project. Of note are the precast concrete seahorses barely seen here on the second story. Structure at end (above green benches) is an "entry tower." Demolished in 1969 at the request of local politicians and businessmen.
This photo also appears in
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts