This is what I carry on a daily basis. See the notes for details. Taken on a cell phone camera (not mine) so the camera I do carry shows in the photo. I've considered getting a bigger bag, but I know it would just fill up with yarn and books, and weigh three tons.
- Just in case.
- Clip for keys or other items (I normally carry my keys and watch in my pocket) and a Universal Edit Button charm thingy.
- My stylish $15 handbag that I don't like as well as the previous one that was just like it. I shortened the strap, and my stitching looks better than theirs did.
- The pocket where everything goes. It's like a mini fold-out file cabinet. Which rocks.
- Dough. I'm trying to use up some excess pennies.
- Blank index cards, checkbook. My check register is to write on the back cover of the stack of checks. I probably don't need to carry checks anymore.
- The important stuff: driver's license, ATM card, three library cards.
- ASME, AAA, and a couple stores where we shop.
- Credit cards, gift cards, buy-ten-get-one-free cards, insurance cards.
- Receipts and loose papers I should probably just toss.
- Business cards in a stylish metal case, mainly because I have a stylish metal case.
- Moleskine notebook and too many pens.
- Very cool four-way pen that my husband got me. Red, black, highlighter, and 0.5mm mechanical pencil. One of my very favorites.
- Leatherman Juice Xe6. And not just because it's purple, either. I use it for all sorts of stuff, and although I don't generally drink, I'm often the only one at parties with a bottle opener and corkscrew.
- Dental floss. More important than a toothbrush when out and about, imo, and far easier to carry.
- Tape measure, 40 inches / 1m. Comes in handy.
- 50 single-serve strips of "paper soap". Really nice for public restrooms that aren't so well maintained. I'm not a fan of hand sanitizer things.
- Stain stick thingy that I probably won't remember I'm carrying the day I spill whatever down my front.
- Trusty Canon PowerShot SD870IS, which does a pretty darn good job and slips neatly into one of the outer pockets.
- There should be a small tube of hand lotion and a pocket pack of tissue about here. I think I took them out the last time I traveled.
- No cell phone. I'm pretty particular about not carrying one.
Contents of my purse
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts