A selection of the notebooks I have kept. Front and center is the one that rides around in my purse to collect thoughts and ideas, but there are personal journals, class notebooks, a work notebook, a home-maintenance log and an old Wiktionary notebook in here, too.
- This one is from work. I had it home in anticipation of attending an off site meeting.
- This is the notebook that this blog post is about. It was a dollar notebook at the supermarket, but it served me well. dvortygirl.blogspot.com/2006/08/between-purple-covers.html
- I think this one had to do with trying to learn languages. I can learn languages, but taking notes turns out not to have much with how I go about it.
- Where Wiktionary came from until I ran out of pages. Nothing else quite ever took the place of this notebook.
- A personal journal. This one went on a trip or two, so it had a bit of a scrapbook aspect. You can read most of my current writings along these lines in my blog. dvortygirl.blogspot.com/
- We started this when we got the house. It is about home repairs and occasionally gardening. Updates are haphazard at best, and I've always supplemented the record-keeping with plenty of digital photos.
- Another dollar notebook that traveled around in my purse for two or three years until it got full. Journal, notes, planned writings, rough draft for the things I said at my wedding, and not too many shopping lists.
- Not precisely sure anymore. I'm sure it's around here somewhere.
- Decoration, mainly. If anyone can recommend a good, low- to medium- priced ballpoint pen that doesn't skip or scratch or drag along the page, I'd be glad to hear about it. I've had mixed/bad success with gel pens thus far.
- If I took the same photo today, it would probably have a sketch book or two in it.