- Willis Tower, formerly named Sears Tower, is a 108-story, 1451-foot (442 m). The Willis Tower is the tallest building in the United States and the fifth-tallest freestanding structure in the world, as well as the fifth tallest building in the world to the roof.
- Trump International Hotel and Tower. 92-story structure. 1,389 feet (423 m) including its spire. Completed in 2009.
- The Magnificent Mile, sometimes referred to as The Mag Mile, is the portion of Michigan Avenue in Chicago, Illinois extending from the Chicago River to Oak Street in the Near North Side community area.
- Lake Michigan is one of the five Great Lakes of North America, and the only one located entirely within the United States.
- Alder Planetarium
- The Aon Center. With 83 floors and a height of 1,136 feet (346 m), it is the third tallest building in Chicago, surpassed in height by the Willis Tower and the Trump International Hotel and Tower.
Sunset from the John Hancock Observatory in Chicago, Illinois, USA - 2010
A view of Chicago's skyline at sunset from the 94th floor of the John Hancock Observatory.