Henry Brown built the first brick house in Dayton in 1808 at the corner of Main Street and the Court House Alley. It was used as a residence until 1863, when it was converted into a newspaper office with Major W. D. Bickham as the editor of the Dayton Journal.
Lutzenberger Photograph Collection #0071
Original High resolution image : content.daytonmetrolibrary.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/...
Collection of original and copy photography, originally belonging to William Lutzenberger, and covering the period from the 1870's to 1941.