Students Sew in Curry Cottage, 1954
A group of students and their teacher work on craft and sewing projects in the home economics cottage in 1954. The Curry Cottage, opened in 1948 on the Curry School grounds, was used by Curry School home economics students and Woman's College home economics majors. For three years starting in 1968, Curry Cottage provided a place for teenage girls, who were pregnant, to continue their schooling.
To see more from The UNCG University History Collections: libcdm1.uncg.edu/ui.php.