- I find this hard to believe, but another panelist claimed that Comcast has resolved half a million customer service inquiries through social media channels.
- Social media works best when it's part of an integrated marketing campaign, when it can amplify or augment other forms of marketing--offline advertising, media relations, PR, direct marketing and so forth.
- Links from articles and blogs convert well for awareness raising because visitors have often been 'primed'. That is, they've read about your site, and may have even seen a call to action (for example, 'Sign the Petition') on the other site.
- The quality of traffic you get from StumbleUpon and Digg is usually really lousy. And why wouldn't it be? Those sites are serendipity engines.
- This is in reference to a site that was utterly opposed to our client's cause. They wrote an article, and sent 857 visitors to our client's site. Only one signed the petition. Not surprising, but worth mentioning.
More Notes from IIMA Talk - Page Two, Top Half
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts