Set 6951, the Robot Command Center was my absolute favorite Classic Space set (of the sets I actually had) when I was growing up. When the opportunity came up to create a Neo Classic Space MOC, my mind immediately went to this set. It was basically a mecha, except that the legs didn’t move at all, and the arms were attached to the knees. I figured that new parts and techniques would allow me to do something really cool with this idea. I did decide to lose a few of the play features from the original, even though I like them. There was just something about a little ship docking in my mecha’s crotch that didn’t seem right.
- This is shweet! - remyth
- this take on the original two seater is pretty ingenious, well done - votaw
- hmmm, my Seismological Sensor Device™ detects some weird vibrations. I wonder wha – OH MY GOD IT'S COMING AT ME!! - nolnet
- Did you end up leaving in the engraved brick here? - TJJohn12
- No, nothing engraved there. The engraved brick had been a place holder for a "TRANSPORT" printed brick, but the ones I got were too badly yellowed to use.
- Mech is cool, but this topper to the Loot Island bases is great! - "Big Daddy" Nelson
- Ha! Thanks, it seemed like perfect way to simulate the terrain from the old boxes.
- Nice use of the exo force robot arms :-) - Cybørg
- I wish I could take credit, but they used them as fingers in an official exo-force set.