The South Channel Range Lights in Lake St. Clair (Michigan) were constructed between 1855 and 1859 to help ships navigate through the St. Clair Flats. This is an important part of the trip between Port Huron and Detroit. The lights were seen on the Summer Discovery Cruise from Michigan Sea Grant. The lights are being restored by the SOSCLA (Save Our South Channel Lights Association - www.soschannellights.org/). The cruise was lots of fun!