Built in 1840 and refurbuished in 1986, this lighthouse is the oldest standing wooden light in Canada. Sitting high on the bluff overlooking Lake Erie, this tower stands 65 feet tall. This lighthouse is part of the Port Burwell Marine Museum, which has wonderful exhibits about life and work on Lake Erie. The second light at Port Burwell is the Port Burwell West Breakwater Light or Port Burwell Approach Light. It sits on the West Breakwater and is a pyramidal concrete design. It sits only 25 feet tall.
This photo also appears in
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts