Setup for each online class is very complicated. We have been using Ustream, Skype, and HighSpeedConferencing.com. However, this mostly free method has been superior to the very expensive web conferencing tools such as Elluminate and Adobe Connect.
- Class Wiki (via Firefox)
- Class Photos
- iTunes for class intro music.
- Twhirl/Twitter backchannel
- Ustream interface.
- HighSpeedConferencing.com interface (manages audio conference)
- LineIn.app - channels audio from computer to Ustream.
- Skype Window
- Skype Contacts
- Camtwist (controls webcam, screencasting, video effects)
- Ustream channel and chat (via Safari)
- Wiretap Pro to record and edit all audio.