- Use syndication tools and blog tools to publish photos to other web sites (more....)
- Create annotated (and hyperlinked) notes like these ones (more....)
- Create creative written activities based on photos, or "tell" a story in just photos (more....)
- There are all kinds of tools that can go beyond the flickr interface, or access flickr content to perform new tricks (more...)
- Post photos directly from a mobile phone (more....)
- Easily find great images you can use elsewhere, licensed with creative commmons, so you don't even have to ask permission (more...)
- Use Group tools to have a place for bulletin board type discussions, and to share photos in a common place (more....)
- Create your own logo based on flickr images! (more....)
- Associate images with geographic locations via "geotagging" (more...)
- Create presentations and slide shows to share (more...)
- One of the most powerful features of flickr is the organization of photos by tags. The ends of exploration are never in sight (more....)
- Use retrievr to find images by matching in real time tto drawings (more....)
- Make funny/useless comments to your friends! - Jonas!!
- Don't forget the wide open spaces in which to spread your creative wings. - J. Chris Vaughan
- Add as many notes as possible - btjones
- www.flickrleech.net/ (because paging sucks) - douglas-fp
- My note? - Phoenixheart
- Add your note here. - argoed-hs
- hi - mar13k3
- just click "add note" at the top of the pic. i see. thanks!! - seana*
- adding note - jlkilmer
- Any analogue uses of Flickr? (As in real life, not digital?) - Ewan McIntosh
- but the are some pic ypu cant add not why? - Delet :*
- Well Why not? Everyone else did - One Thing AT
- desk - jhanfakaga
- Use for training purposes. - sutupper
- joij - bforester801
What Can We Do With Flickr?
This cluttered desk represents just a small set of powerful ways you can use flickr. This image has been annotated with "notes", so as you move a mouse over hotspot areas, pop-up messages will appear, some of them with links that can take you elsewhere.
Explore these links to learn some ways you can leverage the power of flickr.
* Getting to Know flickr (Basic) screencast by Jeff Utecht for the K12 Online Conference
* How to Flickr Intro by Ben Bishop
* Tips for Flickr Beginners (Lifehacker)
* Flickr Tutorial Series (Indezine)
* Flickr Advanced User Guide (Lifehacker)
* Flickr technique (flickr discussion group)
To learn more setting up an account in flickr, see David Warlick's handout published for this conference.
And in the spirit of participation, please use the comments form
below to make other suggestions, ideas, or to toss criticism.
This is but one piece of "I Didn't Know You Could Do That with Free Web Tools", a presentation for the 2006 K-12 Online Conference. Other pieces are scattered across the web!