The Temuka Town Hall was built in the 1890s by Daniel McInnes (1866-1932), a member of the Temuka Council for 24 years and Mayor between 1907 and 1912. In 1922 the Hall became the Dominion Theatre. Subsequently the Eliite Cinema, it has been a second hand shop since 1970. See where this photograph was taken.
Canterbury Heritage, a journal of the province's social history and cultural heritage.