Since 1916, Ellis Jewelers has been, and still is, a fixture to downtown Frankfort. James H. Ellis started his watch repair business with Chris Arnkins at 62 E. Washington. After Mr. Arnkins passed away, James brought in a new partner, Al Boeckman which lasted until the 1930's. Afterwards, James H. Ellis moved to 208 North Jackson Street. James A. Ellis was born in 1930 and began working at his father's store in 1947. In 1952, after the death of his father, Jim became partners with his mother, Elizabeth. The pictures in this set shows the years at 208 N. Jackson Street. The next set will show the years and events at the current location at 52 East Washington Street. Ellis Jewelry remains one of Frankfort's oldest downtown businesses, (going on 95 years), and is still going strong.
22 photos · 689 views