The Chicago Embassy Church at W. 59th St. and S. Princeton Ave. was originally St. Martin of Tours Church, organized by German immigrants in 1886. A gold-leaf statue of St. Martin, erected on the roof in 1939, was blown down in an Oct. 2006 windstorm.
This photo also appears in
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts