- how gorgeous, my goodness. - nikki chicoine.
- I love all of this. your photos get me way too excited I'm glad you didn't hear my reaction to this photo it would've been embarrassing. I was basically just like.. AHHH.. I LOVE ALL OF THIIIIIS! - ChelseyLeBlanc
- Aww Chelsey I love you for that :)
- I can't breathe. - drshrinker (catching up)
- Oh wow. This is beautiful. Oh, this is absolutely inspiring. Those words are perfect, I just love what you wrote. - amalia.jane
- I can't really point out a specific point in this photo I love, I love this as a whole. The movement gives it such power that it will almost jump from the screen. - Polen Erciyas
- this is so stunning - Rebecca Nathan
- everything. do i make myself clear? - wimpy_cup
a storm to move mountains
The idea for this picture came in a very roundabout way. First I wanted to use red. Then I picked a setting I wanted to use red in. Then I picked what I would use red in (prop/wardrobe/scenery). Then I thought about concept. Red signifying blood, menstruation, mother earth...Pouring from a girl, giving her life blood back to the earth. Chaos and movement all around, face obscured by hands, fabric billowing over the land, and a stormy sky above to set the tone.
The family who lived in the house next to my shoot came out to watch. The parents made sure my tripod didn't tip over in the extreme wind while the kids were fascinated by the 10-second timer.
It was so windy that when I finished I got in the car and felt that overwhelming sense of quiet and pounding in my ears. I'm sure you know what I mean.
But sitting outside was just as peaceful, sitting in the wind, hearing nothing but the whirring sounds, wondering how my picture would turn out.