Part of my 100 Frankensteins Project! I'm up to number 10!
Here are the files for my papercraft Frankenstein. You can see the finished product here.
I didn't really have much of a plan when I started making this. I drew the front view of the Frankenstein monster in InDesign, then deconstructed him and added the sides and back pieces. I got kind of carried away on the size. I didn't realize how big he was until I started building him. He's almost 11" tall! He looked a lot smaller on the monitor. I couldn't fit everything onto one sheet of paper, so I had to spread the parts out over two.
I printed him out and built him to see if there were any problems with my layout. I was sure I'd need to make some tweaks. I was shocked when everything fit together fine on the first try!
Feel free to download, print and build your own. You'll have to click "View all sizes," and then click "Original size" in order to print him out at actual size. I was afraid it might be confusing to upload two separate files, so I put them both into one big image. Once you download them, you'll have to figure out how to print each half to a separate 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper. Warning: This file is a whopper!
I recommend printing him on card stock if you have any. Use an X-Acto knife to cut out the pieces. Scissors are too bulky. It's your choice as to whether to use glue or tape to put him together. Ideally glue would look better, but I built mine with invisible tape and it looked just fine. I tried to put the seams or joins in the back as much as possible so that they wouldn't show from the front.
I was afraid he wouldn't stand up by himself since he's so top heavy and has such skinny legs, but he stands up just fine.
You can see the first papercraft monster I did here.
Designed, drawn and laid out entirely in InDesign.