Michigan Registered Historic Site
This impressive Second Empire style home with mansard roof was constructed in 1875 for Jay Chandler (1850-1884) and his young bride Frances. On this site from 1847-1871 had stood the Parrish flouring mill. Jay, the fourth son of locally prominent Albert Chandler, followed his brothers into the family hardware business. Albert founded the Coldwater Sentinel and served as the city's first mayor. Jay Chandler sold his home to Lucius Wing in 1882.
Lucius M.Wing (1839-1921), Civil War captain, county sheriff, and prominent businessman, purchased this residence in 1882. That same year he served a term as mayor. Making notable contributions to the industrial, financial and social life if the city, he was the long time president of the local bank, a manufacturer of cigars and the founder of the Bon Ami Social club. The house remained in the family for three generations until acquired by the Branch County Historical Society in 1974 for use as a historical museum.
Tech: Canon A590 IS running CHDK with a Hoya R72 infrared filter and an Kenko 0.75x wide-angle adapter. Five images combined for super-resolution in PhotoAcute Studio.