1 pouch Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch
2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
2 tablespoons sugar, for pressing out cookie dough
36 large marshmallows
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup milk
1 bag (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1 to 2 tablespoons water
1. Make cookie dough as directed on package, adding cocoa.
2. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie to 1/4-inch with a greased bottomed glass, dipped in 2 tablespoons sugar.
3. Bake at 375°F 7 to 9 minutes. Immediately top each cookie with 1 marshmallow. Return to oven; bake 2 minutes longer until marshmallow is soft. Lightly press each marshmallow to flatten. Cool; place cookies on cooling racks. Cool completely.
4. Heat in saucepan,1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter and milk over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture boils. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Stir in water until frosting is smooth and spreadable. (Frosting sets up quickly, so thin as necessary with additional water).
5. Swirl 1 tablespoon frosting on top of each cookie. Top with candy sprinkles. Let stand until frosting is set.