Constructed in 1871 in Lake Champlain for $20,000 making it the most expensive lighthouse on the lake. It was inactivated in August 1933. In the fall of 1952, it was purchased by the Shelburne Museum, disassembled and reassembled on the grounds of the Museum in Shelburne, just south of Burlington.
This photo also appears in
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts