Little electronics project I'm working on. Personally, I'm not entirely sure where it's going. I thought it would be neat to make a box with a USB interface to a 3-axis accelerometer and a 3-axis magnetometer.
- U421 from USBMicro, a USB to SPI adapter.
- +3.3V voltage regulator
- TSSOP/20 0.65mm surface-mount adapter board from Logical Systems. This I had to solder myself.. and those pins are only 0.65mm apart! It's not so bad, though. With lots of flux and a steady hand, surface tension does most of the work of soldering for you.
- MAX3002 bi-directional signal voltage converter. Need this since the USB adapter signals at 5V, but the sensor boards need closer to 3V.
- Micromag SPI 3-axis magnetometer. Easily sensitive enough to use as a 3D digital compass, from SparkFun.
- Not pictured (and not hooked up yet), a SPI 3-axis 3g accelerometer board, from SparkFun, right here in Boulder.
- USB cable, going off to my laptop.
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts