Constructed in 1932, the Systems Administration Building became the new main entrance to the campus, changing from the west entrance that faced the railroad to an east entrance that faced Highway 6, which was completed in 1931. College Station would not officially become a city until 1938.
Photo courtesy of Cushing Memorial Library and Archives, Texas A&M University.
Copyright: If this photo is used in a publication or website, proper citation is required. All materials must be credited as follows: Cushing Memorial Library and Archives, Texas A&M University. It is the user’s responsibility to secure permission from the copyright holders for publication of any materials. Permission must be obtained in writing prior to publication. Please contact the Cushing Memorial Library for further information. Phone: 979-845-1951, Fax: 979-845-1441, Web: library.tamu.edu/Cushing, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.