absolutely 100% pure frost on my windows this morning. i have no clue how they got that way, but the glass itself is smooth, and not etched or patterned in any way.
- one of the "paths" seems to cross under here... or perhaps it's a chance merge and splice in 2D - jurvetson
- one path terminates here - jurvetson
- path overlap here seems to be stable... That is really cool, so to speak. - jurvetson
- forking has a common pattern - jurvetson
- "leaf nodes" earn their name - jurvetson
- The periodicity (distance betweeen dots) and width of the paths seem universal... - jurvetson
- The crystal seed source that spawned all of this iterative beauty.... - jurvetson
- intelligent design continues it's compelling argument - meraphetamine
- Agreed - really fractal beauty!!! So awesome! - Kjers..
- What do transient ice crystal patterns have to do with evolution? ...although maybe some kind of evolved bacteria had something to do with the formation of the crystals themselves, as happens high in the atmosphere (when it snows). - Sunny Melons
- gosh, I was really hoping the ID comment was a joke... Is the teleological delusion that pervasive? - jurvetson
- She did use the wrong "it's," so I assumed her comment wasn't a joke. Oh--and look at her profile. - Sunny Melons
- Don't get me started on the fractal nature of the universe.... :P - Shleed
window frost 3
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts