Reynolds Metal Co. Italianate Building [pigeon]
Part of the Italianate album. These photos were taken of the temporaily abandoned building in 2010.
The Italianate was originally constructed in 1911 on the Haxell Canal in downtown Richmond, VA. In the 1940s, R.J. Reynolds purchased the property and opened an aluminum foil manufacturing center in the area. The Italianate building, specifically, was used as business offices for the Reynolds foil company. The company operated out of this building until the Great Recession of 2008 when the offices where closed. In late 2010 an interested developer purchased the propert and began to repurpose the building into residential apartments. The building is currently active, and houses apartments as well as a local Mexican resteraunt. It is a part of the Richmond Historic Shockoe Slip district, and of the residential "The Locks" development. For more information - details.