Warsaw old town, 'Stare Miasto', dominated by Zygmunt's column, dedicated to king Zygmunt III, who in 1596 moved the capital of Poland from Krakow to Warsaw. Most of the beautiful old town, including Zygmunt's column, was systematically destroyed by Nazi occupation forces during World War II, and later perfectly reconstructed by the Poles.
This photo also appears in
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts