What my main rig has evolved into. With the death of Windows PC, my MacBook is now my primary (in fact, only) computer.
- Monster Power HTS-5100 Mk II power conditioner.
- Adcom GCD-750, Not currently connected to anything. It will be back in service when I get a preamp.
- Quad 99 CDP-2. A CD player with six (!) digital inputs. I has two sets of analog outputs. The fixed ones go into the Gilmore Lite headphone amp, and the variable ones feed the Quad 12L Active speakers.
- Edirol UA-5 USB audio interface. It feeds digital audio to the two CDPs, and sometimes serves as an ADC when I need to encode from an analogue source. Blissfully, it has drivers for OSX.
- Single Malt & Scotch Whisky. An essential guide.
- Quad CDP-2's remote.
- HeadAmp Gilmore Lite headphone amp. Still serving me well after more than three years.
- Blue Jean Cables XLR female to TRS 1/4" interconnects. Out of service until I get my other power amp back in the picture. Also visible (in the large size at least) is my trusty Petzel LED headlamp.
- Quad 12L Active monitor (left)
- Sennheiser HD-650s. First "serious" pair of headphones, and still my favorites.
- MacBook 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD. It runs the whole show these days.
- Dell 19" LCD monitor, which used to be connected to my Windows box. I habitually refer to it as the "Dell-CD."
- Canon EF 35mm F/2. My first prime, and still my favorite lens.
- Two iPods, 3rd gen 20GB B&W, which is a refurb and has a faulty headphone jack. It works well with a car adapter, and serves as my test mule. The other one is a 5th(?) gen 30GB iPod video. I use it constantly.
- Nokia 6133. I have a special hatred for this phone. I'm eligible for a new one from T-Mobile, but I haven't been arsed to get one yet.
- Compact Flash memory card case.
- Uniden 5.8GHz base station with a corded handset. The cordless part is much happier now that I've given it a new battery.
- Hard to see here, but possibly visible on the full size version are my Vonage box and Netgear "blue box" gigabit switch.
- Quad 12L Active monitor (right)
- LaCie 1TB external drive designed by . It has FW400/USB2.0 and eSATA. I used this to back up the contents of my dying PC.
- Furman Pluglock. A glorified 5-outlet power strip. It's plugged into my APC UPS, and distributes power to my networking hardware and LaCie HDD.
- Lexmark E120n B&W laser printer. It's quite reliable and works on the network. The toner cart is a bit of a PITA.
- Logitech Marble FX trackball. In the running for best pointing device evar.
- IBM optical mouse. Currently unused.
- Uber-clicky IBM Model M bucking spring keyboard. Wishing it had a PC to connect to.
- APC SmartUPS 750, currently underused as it has no desktop to power.
- Ortofon Concorde DJ cartridge. Left over from when I had a turntable in here and was encoding vinyl.
- Powerstrip that feeds everything that's not connected to the Monster Power, APC UPS, or Pluglock.
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts