new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
wisdom and devotion ... | by John FotoHouse
Back to photostream

wisdom and devotion ...

The Cais das Colunas (or the Columns Pier) owes its name to the two pillars erected at the waterfront of Praça do Comércio or Terreiro do Paço, a work by the architect Eugénio dos Santos, held during Lisbon’s reconstruction after the earthquake of 1755. These columns, which end the marble staircase leading down to the Tagus River, are of Masonic inspiration, representing the two pillars of Solomon’s Temple (Wisdom and Devotion). Lisbon - Portugal ...

736 views
2 faves
4 comments
Taken on October 25, 2011