new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Old Rock Schoolhouse, Orderville, Utah | by Ken Lund
Back to photostream

Old Rock Schoolhouse, Orderville, Utah

OLD ROCK SCHOOLHOUSE In 1886-1887 after the United Order terminated, a public building was erected of native limestone and lumber from the canyon sawmill. It was used for school and church purposes. In 1938 a new schoolhouse was built and the old Rock Building given to the Daughters of Utah Pioneers for a relic hall. When the school board purchased the ground in March, 1955 the building was torn down. This building is a replica and was erected from the same rocks and other materials. The United Order blacksmith shop was located on this site.

 

heritage.utah.gov/apps/history/markers/detailed_results.p...

735 views
1 fave
0 comments
Taken on December 28, 2007