The Codman Estate in Lincoln Massachusetts was originally 650 acres owned by Chambers Russell in the 1740's. Eventually it passed to cousins, the Codmans, and wonderful Federal style buildings were constructed, including the carriage house shown above. The estate is open to the public and is down to 16 acres, but includes an Italianate garden and a working community farm.
In the late 1800's Ogden Codman, Jr. became well know for his book The Decoration of Houses that he co-authored with his pal, Edith Wharton. goo.gl/wc0LP
That is Thomas Angell, one of the four men who wintered with Roger Williams in 1638. Angell Street spans from river to river (the Moshassuck to the Seekonk) and this fine building from the 1890's is smack dab in the middle.
An upright and towering example of Queen Ann still delivering the goods even today.