Troops on the S.S. Catalina
Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument No. 213, "The Great White Steamship". Built by William Wrigley in 1924, it served as a ferry between Los Angeles and Santa Catalina Island for more than half a century as well as a troop ship during WWII. Moored in Ensenada, Mexico, since 1985, the ship was recently cut for scrap.