new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Fire Station No. 27 | by Floyd B. Bariscale
Back to photostream

Fire Station No. 27

Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument No. 165. Designed by Peter K. Schabarum, it was the largest fire station west of the Mississippi when it opened in 1930. Since October 2001 it's served as the L.A. Fire Department Museum.

 

This apparatus is the Obenchain-Boyer Chemical Engine, Double Tank 45-Gallon Portable Chemical Fire Engine No. 70.

 

Big Orange Landmarks

604 views
0 faves
0 comments
Uploaded on July 26, 2008