The stone foundation is from 1825, but during the Civil War, Union forces burned the mill to prevent the passing of flour and meal into rebel hands. After the war, the Bollinger family sold the mill to Solomon Burford, who rebuilt the mill of brick completed in 1867.
This photo also appears in
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts